“Soil Health & Nutrition” with Jenny Stuchell
Episode 3: “Soil Health & Nutrition” with Jenny Stuchell
- Jenny’s road to natural health began at a young age when she was experiencing pain in her abdomen, which was believed to be related to her ovaries. After expensive testing and no results, she finally discovered that she’s lactose intolerant. This kicked off her interest in nutrition and health, which she later studied at Gonzaga University.
- Jenny first began using her nutritional knowledge when training her fellow tri-athletes. When her grandmother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, she decided to shift her career focus entirely to food and nutrition.
- Many people are familiar with the health benefits of eating organic foods vs. conventionally raised foods (primarily being the reduced exposure to harmful pesticides). However, most people don’t have much information regarding the actual health of the food they’re eating in regards to the food’s nutritional density. Jenny explains how the various nutrients in the soil depend on the healthy bacteria in the soil for absorption. The process of building healthy, living soil can have tremendous health benefits for the food we eat.
- Even if you think you’re feeling “pretty good” when it comes to things like mental clarity and energy, you may not know just how good you can feel until you make some positive changes to your life. This doesn’t just pertain to food, but food is an excellent area of health to consider.
- If you’d like to have access to healthy meals but don’t have the time or interest to cook regularly, Jenny’s business might be just what you’re looking for. At Pantry Fuel, they can deliver fresh, nutrient-dense meals straight to your door. For details, visit their website at https://pantryfuel.com/. Jenny also recently started hosting “Friendly Food Fridays”, which is a meetup for people interested in learning more about healthy eating. For details on these meetups, you can visit her Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pantryfuel/), her Instagram page, or her website at https://pantryfuel.com/pages/tribe
- Jenny also has a special offer for podcast listeners: buy 2 meals, get one free when you use the promo code “gordonpt” (all lowercase letters).
I hope you enjoy the episode! For questions or comments, please feel free to email me at Luke@GordonPhysicalTherapy.com. And if you’d like to join the email list for all the latest on special events, please visit https://www.gordonphysicaltherapy.com/podcast/ and click on the link at the top of the page. Stay well! – Dr. Luke Gordon
Want Some Help To Get There Faster?
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
© 2018 Gordon Physical Therapy