Physical therapy is used to address pain, mobility, weakness, and decreased function caused by a wide variety of injuries. Specific services include the following:
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- ORTHOPEDIC AND SPORTS INJURIES: Getting back in shape and ready to get out on the field following an injury is important. We specialize in helping you make rapid gains so you can return to your sport or activity that you love as quickly as possible.
- BACK AND NECK PAIN: Whether the pain is severe or mild, appropriate treatment is critical.
- POST-SURGICAL REHAB: after surgery, physical therapy can help you rebuild strength and regain range of motion. We offer post-surgical rehab for all major surgeries related to the shoulders, knees, ankles, back and neck. This also includes treatment various surgeries related to fractures.
- AUTO INJURIES: these injuries are often treated with a combination of physical therapy, occupational therapy and massage therapy at Gordon Physical Therapy. Fractures, headaches, back, neck, and shoulder pain can be debilitating, and we work with you to help your body heal.
- FALL PREVENTION AND BALANCE: these skills are critical to your quality of life. Loss of strength and balance can occur after hospitalization, injury, and even disease. When people have fallen or experience a loss of balance, they may become less active. Physical therapy can build confidence and teach skills that allow you to get back to performing your favorite activities.
- We also offer Vestibular Rehab for patients with vertigo, dizziness, and light-headedness.
- AQUATIC THERAPY (POOL THERAPY): in May of 2015, we were excited to begin offering Aquatic Therapy services. Our program is located off-site at Evergreen Fountains, which is a retirement community located at 1201 N. Evergreen in Spokane Valley, just south of I-90. The pool is kept at a pleasant 88 degrees, and the facility also includes full locker rooms and a large hot tub (truly the best part!). Patients who qualify must first attend a land-based evaluation.
- Common conditions seen and treated in the pool: working in the water is an ideal environment for several conditions, including but not limited to severe arthritis, traumatic injuries and fractures with limited weight bearing tolerance on one or both legs, and people who have severe pain with land-based stretching and exercise. People who have poor balance with a history of falls (sometimes due to a stroke), also greatly benefit from working in the water, as it is a very safe environment to work on balance.
INJURED WORKER PROGRAMS:
Gordon Physical Therapy also specializes in work related injuries, and we offer a wide range of therapies to get you back to work quickly and safely. When you are choosing therapy for these injuries, it is important to choose a clinic that offers the following services:
- ACUTE INJURY TREATMENT: physical therapy can’t wait, and sprains, strains, and post-surgical rehab need to be addressed immediately. We are here and ready to help you with the therapy you need without delay.
- FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY EVALUATIONS (FCES): this specialized assessment tool is a 4-hour test that helps catalog an injured worker’s physical abilities in regards to their strength and activity tolerance. The information is then used to help doctors and rehab professionals make decisions regarding treatment and vocational placement. FCEs are also known as PCEs (Physical Capacity Evaluations) in the state of WA.
- WORK CONDITIONING: combining physical and occupational therapy, we help you develop specific strength and conditioning to match the functional demands of your job. This requires twice as much therapy, and was created to help you get back to work as quickly as is safely possible.
- ERGONOMIC ASSESSMENTS: we perform on-site assessments and modifications of the workplace including desks, chairs, and keyboards that allow workers to get back to the job in an environment that meets their health needs.
Want Some Help To Get There Faster?
Choose Which One Works Best For You...
Just click one of the buttons above and then fill out the simple form.
© 2018 Gordon Physical Therapy